ERC- Advanced Grant DyCon Postdoc Contract
The Chair of Computational Mathematics led by Enrique Zuazua of the DeustoTech Research Center in Bilbao (Basque Country, Spain) offers a postdoctoral position to carry out mathematical and computational research, with excellent facilities within a world-wide academic and industrial-technological network.
This position is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”.
Research activities will be focused in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate’s profile.
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua at DeustoTech (University of Deusto, Bilbao – Basque Country – Spain), aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results, and to develop the corresponding computational software. This project identifies six key topics:
- control of parameter dependent problems
- long finite time horizon control
- control under constraints
- inverse design of time-irreversible models
- memory models and hybrid PDE/ODE models
- and the links between finite and infinite-dimensional dynamical systems
Job DescriptionThe chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research, with excellent facilities and world-wide academic and industrial-technological network, in DeustoTech (Bilbao – Basque Country – Spain) in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate’s profile.
Main Research Field
- Partial Differential Equations
- Control Systems
- Numerical Analysis
- Scientific Computing
Estimated period: 1year + 1 year from January 2018.
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing.
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment.
- Strong team working & communication skills.
- Good written English skills.
- Driven, independent personality.
We offerA temporary contract in Bilbao, University of Deusto, at a stimulating work environment within a highly motivated multidisciplinary team. Possibilities to continue a research career depending on performance
How to apply/Application material required
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief research proposal aligned with DyCon objectives
- Contact Information for two or three references
- Complementary material
First call ends on November 17th, 2017. The Laboratory Deustotech at the University of Deusto in Bilbao (Spain) reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the positions open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.